Heatherlie seeks to express the Christian concern for seniors and those with special circumstances of the City of Warrnambool and surrounding districts, by providing access to independent living units, without regard for race, religion or culture.
Heatherlie is a not-for-profit organisation which:
- Acknowledges that every person has individual physical, psychological, Spiritual and quality of life needs.
- Encourages personal independence in activities of daily living and respects each person’s rights to privacy, dignity and decision making.
- Promotes leadership and teamwork within the organisation.
- Encourages innovation and initiative.
- Believes all people involved have a contribution to make to realise the shared vision.Acknowledges that every person has individual physical, psychological, spiritual and quality of life needs
- To provide a facility of a high standard, having regard to the provisions of the Retirement Villages Act 1986.
- To encourage residents and their families to participate in activities of daily living and the decisions that affect their lives.
- To support and develop community awareness of the issues affecting older people.
- To cooperate with other service providers for the benefit of the residents of Heatherlie.
- To assist or cooperate with other churches or organisations with similar or complementary objectives.
- Through cooperation and support between members of Heatherlie Council, Church Council of the Uniting Church, Warrnambool, to ensure excellence of service provisions and strict adherence to the Mission Statement.
- To ensure that adequate and well-maintained facilities are available.
- To maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- To promote an awareness of the Mission and Objectives of Heatherlie within the City of Warrnambool and surrounding districts.
- To develop and maintain efficient and effective financial planning and management to ensure proper stewardship of resources.